:::Skip to main content
Home Site Map 中文版 Contact US FAQs Bilingual Glossary RSS
  • font size
    A A A
font size small icon font size medium icon font size large icon Share information to Facebook Forwarding information by email Pop-up print setting
Application for lease of national farmlands


1. National farmlands refer to non-public-use national farming and grazing lands as planned under the Regional Plan Act including the special agricultural zone, the common agricultural zone, slope conservation zone, and forest zone. The following types of national farmlands are NOT for lease:

(1) Lands reserved for indigenous people.

(2) Farmlands in designated soil and water conservation areas

(3) Farmlands in the reservoir area.

(4) Farmlands in the drinking water source protection area or areas within a specific range of the drinking water intake.

(5) Farming lands in protection forests.

(6) Nature reserves planned under the “Taiwan Coastal Region Nature Reservation Program”.

(7) Lands with pre-designated uses, land use planning, and other disposition arrangements. (For example, the national agricultural and pastoral lands in slope land preservation areas and forest areas have become covered with natural vegetation)

(8) Not-for-lease lands according to other laws and regulations.

2. Those meeting any of the following status requirements may apply for lease of national farmlands during the acceptance period announced by the leasing agencies.

(1) Active farmers or their successors practicing farming before July 21, 1993 and agreeing to pay the compensation for use over the years. (1st priority)

(2) Youth farmers on the guidance programs of the national agricultural competent authority. (2nd priority)

(3) Farmland owners engaging in actual farming adjacent to the farmlands. (3rd priority)

(4) Farmland tenants engaging in actual farming adjacent to the farmlands. (4th priority)

(5) Youth aged 18-45 graduating from schools of agriculture or youth aged 18-45 of family farms engaging in farming. (5th priority)

(6) Those with documents of proof issued by the agricultural authority for receiving a minimum of 40 hours of professional agricultural training within the last five years. (6th priority)

(7) Agricultural cooperatives. (7th priority)

Rent calculation

1. Annual Rent = Contract Total Yield of Genuine Products x Rent Rate (0.25) x Government Published Unit Price of Genuine Product of the Year

2. The tenant should pay the rent at the new rent when there is a rent adjustment during the tenancy.

Exemption for crop failures

The exemption will be determined based on the data reported in the crop failure inspection conducted by the farmland lease and tenancy committee of the township (town, city, district) office.

Release date:2019-11-14 Last updated:2024-02-27